5.4 Verse Melody Teach

Andy | August 30, 2015 | 19 Comments

Melody Verse: Part 1

Melody Verse: Part 2

Practice With Metronome

Practice With Backing Track

1. john tesoriero says:

where exactly do I find the tab for melody and chords for songs and this one as well??? im new here,thankyou

2. candy Duff says:

Thanks Andy, my fingers are sore, but I’ll push though nearly got the first bit down… Sooo much fun :o)

3. Colin Bowling says:

I think the verse melody has been broken down nicely, making it easy to understand for beginners. Someone mentioned it would be a good idea to state which key the song is in, wouldn’t this be unnecessary information for beginners and just something else for them to worry about? Also, to the people who said that the tab is not available it’s in the accompanying PDF, but I do think a link to it on the video page would be a great idea. I’m presuming that the backing track will be available to download when the course goes live.

4. JL Brunet says:

I wouldn’t “plaster” “6 Week Guitar” on these 4 videos’ entry pictures – guess at this stage people know they are in their 6-week journey ๐Ÿ™‚ Or at least I’d add a subtitle – “Melody Verse: Part 1” etc. … Maybe too much of a redo for you.

Yes good idea and this will be a useful refinement. At this stage they all use the same Thumbnail for ease, but once we’ve refined things then we’ll do custom thumbnails for each video ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dan Scharf says:

Like what I see so far. Great breakdown of the melody structure……might mention the key (G) you are playing.

5.4 Song Melody; Verse: Tabs mentioned in text not included (if licensing issue for this review process, I understand, just wanted to make sure it’s complete for students). I’m wondering about the errors you make in the video. On the one hand it shows the student that it’s okay to make mistakes, even you do. On the other hand, a student expects to learn from someone that knows what they’re doing, an expert if you will. I realize what’s involved in the recording of the video, but you might want to consider some additional polish before releasing to new students.

Thanks Gary, yes it’s always a fine line between reassuring students that we all make mistakes and that’s OK – and making sure it’s professional. I’ll review this again and see if we need to reshoot ๐Ÿ™‚

on practice with the backing track can barely hear the backing track needs to be brought up in the mix

I know you make mistakes when doing your takes but they should be edited out

9. Paul Dennee says:

Is tab available for the melody line?

10. Martha Weller says:

This is super! I am primarily a singer and this key isn’t good for me, but you have done such a great job I am sure I’ll be able to transpose it. Thanks!

11. Paul Adams says:

Andy, I very much appreciate you including the melody aspect of your example songs. I can’t sing worth a lick, it’s nice to play a bit of melody every now and then, rather than just strum chords.

I’ll be stuck here for awhile….Tabulature is not my strong suit….

It does take a little getting used to and it can feel slow going to start with, but you’ll be surprised how quickly you pick it up.